PURPOSE/ROLE: Oceanit is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to work with a team of engineers to research and develop innovative electronic systems in diverse areas such as radar, wireless communications and sensors.
THE EXPERTISE WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- High motivation and initiative. Ability to work with little or no supervision. Ability to quickly ramp-up knowledge and apply it in the engineering process.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering or MS in Electrical Engineering with scientific engineering experience, required.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance. Existing secret, top secret and/or SCI clearance a plus.
- Compenent, broad technical knowledge of RF systems, their design, manufacture and testing.
- Experience with antennas, RF and microwave circuit design.
- Experience with wireless communication systems such as MIMO.
- Experience with software defined radio.
- Experience in business development, customer relationships, concept development and proposal writing preferred.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills, with the ability to clearly and competently convey technical system designs and trades to customers.
- Broad technical knowledge to support development of innovative electronic systems, including skills and experience in: antenna desing, analog circuit design, ; FPGA development; system design using ADC/DACs, hands-on experience with lab test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and signal generators, knowledge of modulation and signal processing techniques; numerical analysis using MATLAB, software development using C/C++ and Python or similar.
THE VALUE YOU DELIVER:
- Ensure delivery of high performance technology on-time and on budget. Responsibilities include coordination of internal technical team, oversight of vendors, and technical interface with clients.
- Work with clients and technical teams to design innovative, novel electronic circuitry and optical components with specific characteristics and meet or exceed customer specifications. Design and test RF components and systems, digital hardware and electronic circuity with specific characteristics and meet or exceed customer specifications.
- Contribute to a range of technology development projects while working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Bring market knowledge to help craft technical and programmatic win strategies.
- Provide technical expertise, knowledge, pursuit strategy and business opportunities relative to the above tasks.