PURPOSE/ROLE: Oceanit is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to work with a team of engineers to research and develop innovative electronic systems in diverse areas such as radar, wireless communications and sensors.
THE EXPERTISE WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- High motivation and initiative. Ability to work with little or no supervision. Ability to quickly ramp-up knowledge and apply it in the engineering process.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering or MS in Electrical Engineering with scientific engineering experience, required.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance. Existing secret, top secret and/or SCI clearance a plus.
- Compenent, broad technical knowledge of RF systems, their design, manufacture and testing.
- Experience with antennas, RF and microwave circuit design.
- Experience with wireless communication systems such as MIMO.
- Experience with software defined radio.
- Experience in business development, customer relationships, concept development and proposal writing preferred.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills, with the ability to clearly and competently convey technical system designs and trades to customers.
- Broad technical knowledge to support development of innovative electronic systems, including skills and experience in: RF/microwave circuits, FPGA development, system design using ADC/DACs, hands-on experience with lab test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and signal generators, knowledge of modulation and signal processing techniques; numerical analysis using MATLAB, software development using C/C++ and Python or similar.
THE VALUE YOU DELIVER:
- Work with clients and technical teams to design innovative, novel RF components and systems.
- Contribute to a range of technology development projects while working with multi-disciplinary .
- Provide technical expertise, knowledge, pursuit strategy and business opportunities relative to the above tasks.