PURPOSE/ROLE: The Software Developer will work as part of a team to develop, debug, maintain, test, and design software. S/he will support one or more of Oceanit's research and development projects. Current efforts focus on image processing and artificial intelligence, but we are constrantly evolving into new areas. Oceanit provides a unique transdisciplinary, fast-paced, creative environment. We expect the software developer to learn new skills quickly and evolve to handle increasing levels of responsibility.
THE EXPERTISE WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related filed, required.
- 1 years of full-time work experience or demonstrated coding experience outside the classroom, such as internships or personal projects, required.
- Experience in one or more of Java, C++ or Python; familiarity with the Linux operating system; demonstrated experience with object-oriented programming, required.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills and the ability to work independently or in a team, required.
- Desired experience in one or more of the following: image-processing, natural language processing, cyber security, scientific data analysis, artificial intelligence, machine learning, user interface design, instrument control, agent-based systems, GUI development, mobile development.
- A strong background in science or applied mathematics, preferred.