Our vision at ‘ike is “Great People. Great Impact. Greater Good”. Our goal is to provide the best services to positively impact our communities. Our companies complement each other while being leaders in their respective industries. We all share the same core values of spirit of excellence, courage, dream releasing and humility working toward the greater good. Our founding company DataHouse is seeking a Network Engineer to join our team. When you choose DataHouse, you become part of an entrepreneurial culture that is passionate about helping our customers succeed through innovation. We are seeking individuals with a knack for problem solving, an ability to adapt and grow, and the resilience and perseverance necessary to see a difficult project through to the end.
- 2 year technical degree and 5 years experience required
- College degree preferred
- Ability to work flexible schedules (alternating hours to support 24x7 operations), both at client sites and remote.
- Analytical, logical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in a customer support environment desired
- Provides technical maintenance and recovery support of the firm’s local or wide area networks, and assists with server administration and infastructure management
- Interfaces with vendors and maintenance provideres to service and maintain the system and implements necessary measures to limit the systems downtime
- Leads network projects by recommending solultions to network strategy and security issues
- Responsible for the technical design, configuration, and implementation of local and wide area network solutions between multiple platforms including ongoing technical support to remote area networks, Internet and EDI communications
- Has thorough knowledge of multiprotocol systems and extensive implementation experience with multi-vendor network systems
- Responsible for troubleshooting network usage, workstations and computer peripherals
- Develops and implements policies and standards and ensures adherence to security procedures
- Responsible for maintaining support contracts and replacing aging equipment to ensure network performance and stability