PURPOSE/ROLE: Oceanit is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to work with a team of engineers to design and develop advanced mechanical and optical systems to support projects, new business and technology pursuits.
THE EXPERTISE WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Optics, or a related engineering field required; MS or PhD preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance. Existing secret, top secret, and/or SCI clearance a plus.
- Competent, broad technical knowledge of mechanical/sensor systems, their design, manufacture, and testing.
- Experience with optical systems and focal plane arrays, preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Solid Works, CAD, MatLab, COMSOL, 3D printing and other mechanical design skills required.
- Experience in fabrication and machining, for prototyping, testing, repair and maintenance
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills, with the ability to clearly and competently convey technical system designs and trades to customers.
THE VALUE YOU DELIVER:
- Designs and develops mechanical/sensor systems to ensure delivery of high performance technology on-time and on budget.
- Works with technical team to design and develop mechanical and opto-mechanical systems with specific characteristics and meet or exceed customer specifications.
- Works with the technical team to implement methods for maintenance and repair of components and systems, and develops test instrumentation and test procedures.
- Develops models and prototypes, tests and redesigns to meet or exceed customer specifications.
- Contribute to a range of technology development projects while working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Brings market knowledge to help craft technical and programmatic win strategies.
- Provides technical expertise, knowledge, pursuit strategy, and business opportunities relative to the above tasks.
- Interfaces with customers, researches technical literature, and supports proposal development.
- Performs theoretical and experimental research and development.
- Responds to solicitations that are in line with the company’s strategy, to secure funding for R&D activities.
HOW YOUR WORK IMPACTS OCEANIT:
- Technological Discovery: Our rule-breaking practice of Intellectual Anarchy™ produces disruptive innovation, as we consistently discover the edges of thinking and create breakthroughs in engineering, and technology to change the world.
- Collaborative Innovation: Empowering our teams to practice transdisciplinary thinking allows for extraordinary problem-solving across disciplinary boundaries. Our teams morph together and apart, aligning the best experts in each discipline to solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Our teams reject old norms and create breakthroughs that move whole industries and communities forward.
- Strategic Growth: Use technology and engineering principles to develop and apply new opto-mechanical design concepts in line with the growth strategy of the company.
- Business Development: Interface with clients and respond to external opportunities that are in line with the company’s strategy.