Title: Director of Technology Infrastructure
Position Number: 89534
Hiring Unit: Information Technology Services/Technology Infrastructure
Location: Manoa Campus
Closing Date: Continuous – application review begins January 24, 2018
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position reports directly to the Vice President for Information Technology Services/Chief Information Officer and is responsible for providing senior level planning, design, engineering, implementation, operation and maintenance of all core enterprise computing, data, networking and telecommunications systems services.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead and Plan – 40%
- Leads the development of strategic and operational plans for technology infrastructure for the UH System.
- Conceptualizes, convenes and leads committees and advisory bodies involving technologists, users and external experts appropriate to advance cyberinfrastructure planning, prioritization and implementation.
- Liaises among campus administrators, technical leaders, users and university organizations on matters relating to technology infrastructure.
- Provides expert consultation in strategic deployment and management of technology infrastructure on all campuses and throughout the UH System.
- As a Director of ITS and full member of the ITS Leadership Team, collaborates in the development of plans and implementation of all strategic initiatives for Information Technology Services.
- Monitors trends, developments and best practices in technology infrastructure in anticipation of changing requirements, expectations and opportunities; assesses technical, financial and organizational implications for UH.
- Represents UH at statewide, national and international meetings and project planning sessions in all areas relating to technology infrastructure.
Organize and Manage – 55%
- Determines the methods, means and personnel required to achieve UH systemwide institutional plans and priorities.
- Directs, organizes and manages staff resources to maintain and enhance a complex suite of technology infrastructure systems, capabilities and services; and implement new systems, capabilities and services in order to achieve strategic outcomes for the UH System.
- Develops and organizes policies and procedures for the development and use of technology infrastructure systems, capabilities and services.
- Supports and promote institutional information security plans, initiatives and activities.
- Identifies and plans for the development, enhancement and maintenance priorities for technology infrastructure systems, capabilities and services; prioritizes requirements and development strategies for key initiatives based on technical and/or economic constraints and opportunities.
- Develops goals, objectives, short-term and long-term programs and operational plans across all areas of Technology Infrastructure to support institutional and organizational priorities and plans and emerging opportunities and challenges; projects short-term and long-term technology infrastructure needs, funding and staff requirements.
- Develops, implements and maintains, including through regular testing, a disaster recovery plan for ITS Technology Infrastructure systems, capabilities and services.
- Directs and manages projects with highly complex implementation activities involving multiple constituencies with mission-critical impact on the entire statewide University system.
- Plans and prepares for all maintenance and upgrades as well as operational issues and outages related to technology infrastructure systems, capabilities and services.
- Manages budget and administers funds for the ITS Technology Infrastructure group in support of organizational and institutional priorities and plans.
- Collaborates, advises and provides subject-matter expertise on the implementation of contracts, agreements, and the acquisition of resources required within ITS and the University-at-large.
- Collaborates and advises on the capture and implementation of contracts, grants and agreements for the acquisition of resources to advance institutional and organizational plans and priorities; executes and complete projects in an effective, compliant and timely manner.
- Organizes and manages human and financial resources to meet the challenging requirements of addressing new initiatives, priorities, goals and objectives through new systems, capabilities and services while addressing the expectation of maintenance of current systems, capabilities and services.
- Organizes and directs the development of practices and procedures related to the Technology Infrastructure group service and support functions and office operations.
- Organizes and directs the achievement of training and research as related to the evaluation and acquisition of new technology, tools, services and methods.
- Directs through subordinate managers and sub-managers the day-to-day operations of the Technology Infrastructure group and its provision of mission critical services on a 24x7 basis throughout the year.
- Ensures the effective recruitment, training, evaluation and classification of human resources within Technology Infrastructure.
- Organizes and supervises staff in developing goals, objectives and action plans to attain broad strategic initiatives for the University and ITS; conduct meetings and training; and develop effective evaluation, monitoring and follow-up processes.
- Plans and implements work performance standards, measures and analysis for subordinate managers and staff.
- Conceptualizes, organizes and directs the development and delivery of training and support for the system-wide adoption and use of new and existing technology infrastructure systems, capabilities and services.
- Supervises the effective management, monitoring and control of technology infrastructure resources and implement programs for continuous evaluation and improvement of services and processes.
- Develops and implements corrective actions as required in response to financial and management audits.
Other Related Duties – 5%
- Perform other duties as assigned.
for complete job ad and application requirements.
To Apply: Visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/hawaiiedu (cut and paste link to your browser) and search for Job Number 2018 – 00009 to submit an application.
Inquiries: 808-956-9098; email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution.