Oceanit is seeking an Applied Physicist to contribute technically to the design and coordination of innovative, technical solutions and project systems to solve diverse and complete scientific and engineering problems.
The Expertise We're Looking For:
- Inquisitive, with a natural curiosity and hunger for learning.
- Team player, collaborative, self-motivated, results-oriented, fast learner who can grasp the essence and can change course quickly where indicated.
- BS degree in mathematics, computer science, physics, science, engineering or related field required; MS or PhD preferred.
- Superb technical competency (knowledge, experience, skills) in computational analyses and scientific discovery. Proven track record in physics, computer systems engineering, systems engineering and analysis or engineering (electrical, mechanical, aerospace, etc.), broad understanding and experinece in diverse engineering fields preferred.
- Experience with translating scientific algorithms into code development preferred.
- Experience with data visualization and image processing highly desireable.
- Supervisory experience leading collaborative teams preferred.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills, with the ability to clearly and competently convey technical system design and trade information to a wide range of audience, required.
The Value You Deliver:
- Superb scientific, technical and engineering expertise in the development of complex applications and leadership of implementation from specification through design, fabrication and testing.
- Contribute to a broad range of projects including natural language processing, artificial intelligence, computer vision, image processing, acoustics, electromagnetics, nano technology, chemical engineering.
- Provide novel solutions or improvement of techniques, procedures or products through theoretical physics principles and mathematical modeling.
- Proactively monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecs, identify possible solutions and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Conduct scientific experiments and simulations.
- Identify and respond to critical design aspects. Work with a team of multi-disciplined engineers to develop, test, evaluate and analyze concepts to problem-solve complex and comprehensive problems.
- Build prototypes and develop software systems as necessary.
- Provide program imanagement, including oversight for project and design reviews, project execution monitoring, preparing technical reports, interfacing with clients and ensuring that contract deliverables are met.
- Communicate findings and progress in briefings and written documentation.
- Conduct research and keep abreawst of novel technical concepts and markets in new fields.